High Standards, Higher Heels

High Standards, Higher Heels

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cosmetic Equivalent of a Best Friend

My name is Shannon and I am a self-proclaimed make-up addict... say it with me now "Hi, Shannon".....
I have loved makeup since I was a young girl.  I was the child sneaking into my mom’s room to steal her makeup and would spend hours learning to apply it.  I spent all my allowance on the newest Bonne Belle products and NYC $1 nail polishes.  I have to confess I still have to reel in where I spend my beauty bucks. Here are my top 5 Cosmetics-- these are the products that I live and breathe by!


MAC Eye Make-up Primer Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly- I was nervous to try this product as the price tag is a little steep, however after my first week using the primer I was hooked.  I put this on over my foundation but under any eye makeup.  I cover my entire eye lid up to my brow bone- it evens the color and texture of the eyes.  Applying eye shadow and liner is smoother and easier to blend, great for creating dramtic beauty looks.  I have found that my eye make-up lasts longer and is more resistant to smudging.  I have owned the primer almost a year and am still only halfway through the first pot, even with daily applications.  The 0.17 ounce container cost $20.  If I use the product everyday for 18 months before the pot runs out, that's only $0.04 per use!

Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Mascara- I have mentioned before my obsession with Mascara.  Maybelline is an industry leader in mascara sales for a reason.  My favorite is absolutely Falsies Volum' Express.  The product coats each lash, thickens, and lengths.  One tube lasts me between 1-2 months of daily use.  But the $6.99 price tag is easily justified.  That's only $0.12 per use!


Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Mightiest Maraschino- When it comes to makeup there is nothing better than a smokey eye or a bold lip.  One of my favorite red lipsticks is Chubby Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino from Clinique.  I highly recommend the chubby sticks as they are affordable and have a moisturizing balm, so none of that chalky lipstick texture.  The crayon looking tube allows for easy application and layering of color.  The lipstick cost $17 and allows for hundreds of applications.  Only 170 applications of head-turning red lips and your usage is $0.10 per smooch! 

Eyes Lips Face Eye Liner Pen in Black- I have loved E.LF. since I was in high school and it was still an online beauty supplier.  When the brand moved to sell at other retailers I was ecstatic- cheap make-up was right at my fingertips.  Not all of their products are worth the cheap price tag however I love their eye liner pen!  It creates a smooth line with no tugging or needing to be sharpened.  Easy to create cat eye or winged looks with the wet formula that dries smooth.  I even prefer this product's formula over more expensive brands.  I can use a pen for several months before it dries or runs out so the $2 cost is less than a penny per use!

Daniel Sandler Radiant Sheen Illuminating Face Powder- I got this bronzer as a gift from my internship last summer but the second it runs out I will buy another one.  The quad of colors- ranging from pink to deep bronze- blend to create the perfect glow.  I can use all the colors together or separate for different looks.  I can even use the mid tones as eye shadow.  The powder has a light shimmer giving skin a dewy, post workout glow!  This bronzer is easy to blend, contour, and highlight and makes skin look fresh not dirty as some bronzers are prone to. The multipurpose product costs $44.34.  It is rather pricey but well worth it for the formula!

I have yet to find a foundation that I absolutely love and meets all my needs so send suggestions my way!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. I adore the MAC paint pots, they're my favourite mac products, and painterly is a great base. Maybelline the falsies is my favourite high street mascara and I LOVE radiant sheen. Just posted about it on my blog www.theothervw.com

    Newest follower xx

    ReplyDelete